When you want to change your smile quickly, professional teeth whitening from Dr. Don Mungcal and his team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, delivers. Our office has safe, effective alternatives to the harsh, over-the-counter whitening methods that can cause sensitivity and pain. You should be comfortable on the route to a whiter, brighter smile.
The Path to Whiter Teeth
Every cosmetic dentistry treatment begins with a consultation with your Manhattan Beach dentist to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment you want, including teeth whitening. Here’s why:
- Stains and discoloration attack tooth enamel in different ways and some cannot be bleached away – but that doesn’t mean you aren’t a good candidate for other types of cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Depending on a person’s natural enamel color, the types of stains they have, and the thickness of their enamel, professional whitening may or may not be the best option for their smile makeover.
- A thorough dental exam and discussion of your smile goals is the only way to figure out if teeth whitening is right for you.
Types of Teeth Whitening
At Beachside Smiles, we offer several types of professional-grade whitening treatments, including:
- Laser teeth whitening: This easy, one-visit treatment is done using powerful bleaching products and a laser to whiten teeth up to eight shades. All precautions are taken to protect the sensitive tissues of the lips and gums, and the treatment is delivered consistently, customized for your unique teeth. By the time the whitening is done, your smile will be bright and gleaming.
- At-home whitening kits: Simple, affordable, and convenient, these kits deliver gradual teeth brightening, one day at a time. Impressions are taken to make custom-fit whitening trays. A supply of whitening gel is provided and applied daily. The treatment lifts stains gently and, after about 10 days, achieve an outcome like in-office whitening.
- Whitening with restorations: Sometimes, whitening will work on most of your teeth, but there are one or two that just can’t be bleached. Dental restorations like porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, or dental bonding can be used in conjunction with a whitening treatment to conceal the most stubborn stains.
- Whitening for Life program: Patients who come to Beachside Smiles for regular teeth cleaning and checkups are rewarded with complimentary bleaching trays and whitening gel, twice a year.
Facts About Teeth Whitening
Everyone’s whitening formula is unique to them and their smile, but there are some factors that are the same for everyone:
- You must have good oral health: You must have a healthy foundation before you can undergo any cosmetic dentistry treatments, including a whitening treatment. Teeth and gums must be free of disease and infection.
- Your teeth don’t have to be perfect: Whitening won’t fix every imperfection in your smile, but white teeth create the illusion of perfection and sometimes that’s all you need to draw attention away from misalignment, gaps, or other small flaws.
- Dental restorations cannot be whitened: Fillings, crowns, and other dental restorations cannot be altered with professional bleaching. However, after you have a whitening procedure, the restorations can be touched up or replaced to match the new color of your enamel.
Are You a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
If you want to transform your smile and do it as quickly as possible, teeth whitening may be an option. The only way to find out is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Mungcal and his team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach. Contact us to make an appointment and find out what transformations can happen when you get a customized smile makeover.