When you are ready to transform your smile in a big way, the most obvious choice is to pursue porcelain veneers. The only question is: Are you a good veneers candidate? At Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, Dr. Don Mungcal and his dental team determine if this cosmetic dentistry treatment is right for you, then deliver a one-of-a-kind smile makeover.
Factors That Make You a Good Veneers Candidate
Becoming a veneers candidate often begins with determining just where you and your smile stand with each and how you feel about the state of your teeth. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you embarrassed by your teeth?
- Do you stay quiet more often than speaking up?
- Do you avoid being in photos or videos?
- When you smile at someone do you keep your mouth closed?
- Do you have an itemized list of the things you dislike about your teeth?
If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, that’s a clear sign that you could benefit from a smile makeover – and veneers may just be the right treatment for you.
One of the biggest factors that good veneers candidates have in common is they can name a great number of well-known smiles that they love and envy. The celebs and VIPs who sport those white, straight smiles likely got them with the help of their cosmetic dentist, not DNA. You can do the same.
What to Expect as You Plan for Porcelain Veneers
Once it’s clear that you’re interested in a smile makeover, the next step is to make an appointment with your Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist to find out if you are legitimately a good candidate for this procedure. Here is what to expect:
- Consultation: Every smile makeover begins with a consultation. At this visit, your dentist will carry out a dental examination and take digital images to review the health of your teeth, gums, bite, and mouth. Everything must be in good condition before you can pursue cosmetic dentistry.
- Repairs: If you are suffering from any amount of gum disease or have tooth decay or other oral health problems, these will need to be addressed first to ensure that you have a healthy mouth and a strong foundation for veneers.
- Planning: If your mouth is already healthy, there is little to prevent you from pursuing porcelain veneers. Select a Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist who is experienced in the procedure and work closely together to determine the shape, size, length, and color of each veneer for a personalized new smile.
Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
One of the things patients love most about porcelain veneers is how versatile the treatment is. It can conceal every cosmetic complaint you have about your smile. Just one procedure changes everything, saving you from the need to undergo multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Some of the most common reasons people are interested in veneers are to fix problems like:
- Gummy smile
- Narrow smile
- Odd-shaped teeth
- Short teeth
- Stains and discoloration
- Worn teeth
Get Porcelain Veneers in Manhattan Beach
If you are ready to invest in whatever it takes to improve your smile, schedule a consultation with the dental team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach. Talk about the options for your smile makeover, find out whether you’re a good veneers candidate and, if not, what other cosmetic dentistry options are best to transform your smile. Contact us today to make an appointment.