Veneers are a special cosmetic dentistry treatment that comes in several compositions. Patients have options for their smile makeover, especially when they’ve settled on veneers as the treatment of choice. Work with the experienced dental team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, for a customized new smile made of the veneers types that are best for you.
Veneers in a day are created with the sophisticated CEREC system. This 3D printer delivers a new smile in just one dental visit, which might sound like a dream, but it is completely possible with this state-of-the-art technology.
Not every dental office is equipped with CEREC, but Beachside Smiles has invested in this cosmetic dentistry equipment to craft amazing smile makeovers quickly. Here is how CEREC works:
- Consultation: Meet with your dentist about your veneers hopes and find out if your oral health is strong enough and your teeth the right kind of condition to get this smile upgrade.
- Design: You and your dentist will discuss the characteristics of your unique porcelain veneers – size, shape, color, length, and more – so they can be created for you.
- Creation: The computer-assigned design machine crafts the veneers while you wait according to your dentist’s specific design instructions.
- Bonding: Veneers are fitted in placed and checked for size, appearance, and fit before they are bonded permanently to your natural teeth. If something isn’t right, they can be corrected on site, with no lengthy time to wait.
The same-day veneers are incredibly thin and strong and a patient’s teeth require very little prep to get them ready for their smile makeover. They can be used to correct multiple teeth, one tooth, or repair existing veneers or other cosmetic dentistry.
When most people think of cosmetic dentistry, they think of traditional veneers. This tried-and-true solution has been available for years and is what’s behind many a celebrity’s flawless smile. Here are some facts to know about traditional veneers:
- A small amount of tooth enamel must be shaved down and permanently removed to make room for the porcelain veneers.
- Design occurs just like it does for all other veneers – with your input and your dentist’s expertise.
- Details must be sent to a dental lab to create the veneers, a process that can take about two weeks in between planning and application appointments.
- Temporary veneers may be placed on your teeth while you wait for the final smile makeover.
- Once veneers are back from the lab and checked for fit and appearance, they are bonded permanently in place.
Prepless veneers honor their name. They require little to no special preparation of the tooth enamel. A teeth cleaning and maybe a light sanding will be done to get the teeth ready for the super-thin prepless veneers.
Every porcelain shield strengthens teeth, protects tooth structure, and makes a person look younger, healthier, and happier. This cosmetic dentistry procedure, like all over veneers, has the power to:
- Cover stains and discoloration
- Reshape misshapen teeth
- Correct chipped or broken teeth
- Close gaps
- Lengthen short teeth
- Rebuild worn teeth.
- Conceal imperfections.
Veneers Types for Every Budget
If your Manhattan Beach dentist determines that you are a good candidate for veneers, it’s nice to know that you have several veneers types from which you can choose, based on the condition of your teeth, budget, and comfort level. Not every dentist offers every type of veneer, and not every veneer will work with your smile makeover goals, but they are all thin, durable, and designed to flatter your appearance in every way.
Interested in porcelain veneers? Find out which one is your type. Schedule a consultation with Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach.