There are dozens of over-the-counter teeth whitening products available, and many people have purchased all types of items to try and find something that makes a dent in the color of their teeth (without any luck). There are also several types of professional teeth whitening treatments and, likewise, not every type of bleaching agent works for every person. The difference is that your dentist’s expertise and recommendations will save you time, money, and disappointment and give you the results you want.
Types of Professional-Grade Teeth Whitening Treatments
Any whitening product your dentist uses will be far more powerful than any over-the-counter option. The bleaching ingredients are simply stronger and more effective. Here are the whitening treatments that your Manhattan Beach dentist offers:
- Laser teeth whitening: A one-and-done treatment, this procedure uses powerful bleach in conjunction with a laser to whiten teeth up to eight shades brighter. A consistent, customized treatment, this treatment delivers a gleaming smile.
- At-home whitening kit: Still prefer to brighten your teeth on your own time? Ask your dentist for custom-fit whitening trays, made using impressions and created by a dental lab. You’ll go home with trays and a whitening gel that is applied and worn daily. In less than two weeks, you’ll have results nearly equal to in-office whitening.
- Whitening with restorations: Have other dentists told you that teeth whitening isn’t a possibility? Perhaps they weren’t thinking outside the box. Sometimes, whitening will work just fine on most of your teeth but there are some that can’t be bleached, particularly ones that have already been treated with a dental restoration. Together with the help of dental bonding or porcelain crowns, teeth whitening can get the job done.
- Whitening for Life: This program is exclusive to Beachside Smiles. Patients who visit our office for regular teeth cleanings and checkups are rewarded with complimentary bleaching trays and whitening gel.
What You Need to Know About Teeth Whitening
There is always a way to make your smile whiter and brighter, but it’s important to keep an open mind in case teeth whitening isn’t it. Here are some things to know about professional whitening:
- You must consult with your Manhattan Beach dentist first to determine if you’re a good candidate.
- Some stains and discoloration cannot be bleached away, but there are other cosmetic dentistry treatment that can conceal what you dislike.
- Your natural enamel color, the thickness of your tooth enamel, and the types of stains you have will factor into whether your dentist’s bleaching products will work.
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy and free from decay, infection, and disease before any cosmetic dentistry treatments can take place.
- Your teeth don’t have to be perfect and straight. In fact, whitening is so powerful it creates the illusion that even flawed teeth are flawless.
Get Professional Teeth Whitening in Manhattan Beach
Ready to brighten up your teeth? Keep an open mind about how to get there and schedule a consultation with the team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA. Contact us to schedule an appointment.