When someone wants dental veneers, they’re envisioning whiter, brighter, flawless teeth. Planning for this smile makeover requires that some important decisions be made. There are several types of dental veneers and at your Manhattan Beach dentist’s office, you will find experienced dental professionals and the treatment that’s right for you.
The CEREC system is an exciting option in dental care. Dental offices that are equipped with this sophisticated technology use a 3D printer to create a dental veneer smile makeover in just one visit. Here’s how the process works:
- Design: CEREC veneers are customized just like all other dental veneers. The elements considered in their development are size, color, shape, length, width, and more – the goal is to create a perfect smile for every patient.
- Creation: While you wait, your dentist’s computer-assisted design machine will craft your new veneers per the specifications determined by you and your dentist.
- Application: The veneers are placed on the teeth and double-checked for fit and appearance before they are bonded permanently in place. If something is wrong, no problem – the on-site CEREC machine makes corrections fast and easy.
You will meet with your Manhattan Beach dentist about your vision for your smile and whether you are a good candidate for same-day veneers. Some patients who need one veneer repaired or just need a few teeth altered benefit from this treatment as much as someone who wants a complete smile upgrade.
When you think about porcelain veneers, you probably think about conventional veneers, the well-established version of this cosmetic dentistry treatment. The procedure is more invasive, but the results are flawless and long-lasting. Here’s how traditional veneers work:
- Prep: Tooth enamel is permanently shaved down to make room for the veneers.
- Design: Patient and dentist work together to decide on all the parameters of the veneers’ characteristics.
- Creation: Veneer plans are sent to a dental lab for creation. This part of the process can take about two weeks and temporary veneers may be put in place while you wait.
- Bonding: Veneers are checked for appearance and fit before being bonded permanently in place.
Many people who are interested in veneers are curious about the preples veneers option. This procedure is the best of all veneer worlds, eliminating the need to alter natural teeth to make room for veneers. There is no special prep needed to get ready for the treatment, only a cleaning and light sanding. The veneers themselves are incredibly thin but just as strong as their counterparts.
Just like all other veneers, prepless veneers offer the following benefits:
- Strengthen teeth
- Protect tooth structure
- Conceal stains or discoloration
- Correct chips or breaks
- Fix misshapen teeth
- Close gaps
- Lengthen short teeth
- Improve appearance
Are Dental Veneers Your Smile Makeover Procedure?
Not every dentist works with every type of dental veneer, but knowing you have options will help you determine what kind of smile makeover you want and where you want to get it. At Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, Dr. Don Mungcal and his team are experienced in many types of porcelain veneers. Find out which one is right for you. Schedule a consultation today.