There is no arguing with dental implants durability. This restorative dentistry procedure has the power to give people with missing teeth a fully functional and aesthetically pleasing smile. If you are missing one tooth or an entire arch of teeth, it’s time to find out how this durable smile makeover solution from Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, can change your life permanently.
Elements That Make Dental Implants So Strong
Every dental implant has the same basic construction with multiple elements that are all strong and long-lasting. Dental implants withstand the force of biting and chewing and give you back all the power your smile once had with all teeth in place.
- Titanium implant: The actual dental implant is carefully measured so that it fits perfectly under the gumline and in the jawbone. Typically made of titanium, a biocompatible metal that won’t be rejected by the body, implants can sometimes be made of zirconium if needed.
- Secure abutment: The abutment is the small connector piece that is attached to the dental implant and sits above the gumline. It too is made of titanium but can also be made of zirconium or ceramic.
- Customized restoration: When the surgical area is healed and the implant is successful, a permanent customized restoration is attached to the abutment to take the place of missing teeth.
- Exceptional jawbone health: If you do not need bone grafts to make space for the dental implant to be put in place, that means the jaw is strong and can handle the restoration and help it be successful. Do not despair if you need a bone graft – this procedure exists to make dental implants possible for just about everyone.
The Most Powerful Ingredient for Dental Implant Success
Dental implants durability is impacted by all the pieces that make up the physical implant. However, one of the most powerful ingredients that influences dental implant success is patience.
The dental implant process takes time for preparation and healing. Your dentist will design and execute the treatment plan that is most effective for your oral health over several months. This may mean a prosthetic tooth, a dental bridge, or modern dentures. This may mean gum disease treatment first, healing from that process, then undergoing the entire dental implant surgery.
No matter your circumstances, patience will serve you well and help your dentist work faster to ensure that you experience a successful smile makeover process.
Further Evidence of Dental Implants Durability
When your tooth is restored above and below the gumline by a customized dental implant, you will find yourself renewed, freed from the limitations of unreliable oral health and an unsightly smile. The dental implants durability is clear in so many ways:
- Stable: Durable, stable, however you like it say it, those dental implants are solidly fused with the jawbone and will never move again.
- Supportive: Some dental restorations require the alteration of nearby teeth to make the repair fit in place, but there is no need to adjust any other teeth to make room for the implants.
- Comfortable: The only thing that will feel weird after getting dental implants is that you’ll have teeth in the spaces where there used to be only holes. The restoration feels natural and comfortable.
- Permanent: You don’t have to worry about dentures coming out, or the replacement of another restoration. Dental implants last and will not decay like natural teeth and roots.
Get Dental Implants in Manhattan Beach
There are several ways to replace missing teeth but there is no competing with dental implants durability. Find out if you are a candidate for this procedure from the dental team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach. Contact us to schedule a consultation.