Porcelain veneers are a life-changing, smile-altering, cosmetic dentistry treatment. These super-thin shields of porcelain are customized to your mouth and bonded to your natural teeth, so you have a smile that looks and feels natural. At Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, Dr. Don Mungcal and his team create beautiful new teeth that take smiles from ordinary to extraordinary.
Problems Fixed by Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments. They conceal multiple flaws at the same time, transforming smiles in ways you may have only imagined. If you’ve seen celebrities and VIPs with white, bright, perfect smiles and envied their good fortune, know that most of them did not hit the DNA jackpot but rather invested in porcelain veneers.
Some of the most common complaints that veneers can cover up include:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Short teeth
- Stained teeth
You can always get multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments done to equal a full, amazing smile makeover, but it’s worth considering porcelain veneers to save you time, cost, and appointments at the dentist. With veneers you undergo one procedure and it transforms your teeth.
How the Porcelain Veneers Procedure Works
Typically, after your consultation to discuss smile makeover options, it takes two visits to your Manhattan Beach dentist to complete your veneers. Here’s how you can expect the process to go:
- Consultation: Your dentist must first determine if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers. You will have a dental exam, x-rays, and discuss your smile goals and budget to ensure that you are in good oral health and prepared to make the investment.
- Planning: You will discuss the color, size, shape, and length of each of your veneers and this information will be sent to the dental lab along with impressions and digital images of your teeth.
- Preparation: A small amount of tooth enamel must be permanently shaved away to ensure that veneers lay flat against your natural tooth. Making the enamel rough also makes it easier to bond the veneer firmly to your tooth.
- Waiting: While you wait for the dental lab to create your customized veneers, your dentist will fit you with temporary veneers, so you have an unaltered smile.
- Placement: Temporary veneers are removed, your permanent veneers are tested, and if everything looks great, your dentist will bond them in place. This process takes time and requires a careful and practiced hand. The result: A symmetrical, flawless, one-of-a-kind smile.
Reasons to Love Customized Veneers
Obviously, an excellent smile is the biggest perk of customized porcelain veneers, but there’s even more to love about this upgrade:
- You’ll be more confident: Who doesn’t love a confidence boost? No matter where you are or what you say or what you must do, if your teeth are flawless, you’ll look and feel capable and confident too.
- You’ll look better: Veneers have the power to make people look healthier, happier, and smarter. Never again will you avoid photos, smiles, or intimate exchanges because you’re embarrassed about your teeth.
- They’ll last for a long time: Veneers are easy to take care of and can last for decades. Just brush and floss daily and see your dentist every six months for a cleaning and checkup. If you prioritize your teeth and oral health, you’ll be rewarded.
Get Porcelain Veneers in Manhattan Beach
Interested in a full-smile transformation? Schedule a consultation at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA to find out whether you’re a good candidate for porcelain veneers. During this appointment you will learn about many cosmetic dentistry treatments that can help you achieve a symmetrical, perfect smile. Go after the smile makeover you’ve dreamed of – it will change your life.