It helps to go into any cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry treatment with as many details as possible. Get the smile makeover 101 information you need from the dental team at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, and learn what to expect from your new smile experience, what’s possible for your teeth, and what customized dental care really means.
All Smile Makeovers Are Customized
Every dental patient has their own wishes and needs when it comes to improving their smile and oral health. Your smile makeover is customized to your unique teeth and gums to form a collection of dental treatments designed to create a healthier, more beautiful smile.
The following categories of dental care are common in smile makeover procedures:
- Cosmetic dentistry: These treatments change the appearance of your teeth through veneers, Invisalign, teeth whitening, Invisalign, dental bonding, crowns, and more.
- Restorative dentistry: Sometimes teeth are damaged as well as unsightly and they must be restored first with the likes of dental implants, dental crowns, or dental bridges.
- General dentistry: Teeth cleanings get your mouth ready for change, but some patients also need gum disease therapy, tooth-colored fillings, or root canal therapy to get teeth healthy.
- Preventive dentistry: If you still grind and clench your teeth or suffer from frequent tooth decay after your smile makeover, you may need additional support like a night guard or dental sealants.
Develop a Unique Smile Makeover Agenda
Every smile problem can be treated by a smile makeover. Even if it feels like there is no way to correct what you have going on, there is. All procedures are designed to create healthy and beautiful teeth that look, feel, and function better than ever.
Smile makeovers typically occur in stages, especially if you need several treatments. Dental work will take place at strategic intervals until your entire makeover is complete. Any of the following issues or concerns can be addressed by personalized cosmetic or restorative dentistry:
- Old dental work
- Worn-out teeth
- Short teeth
- Gum disease
It’s natural to want to know the complete schedule for your smile makeover from start to finish, but it will all depend on what’s problematic about your smile, how many procedures you need, and healing time. Some patients need cosmetic and restorative work, while others only need cosmetic upgrades, which can sometimes occur more quickly on their own. Ultimately, know that your teeth can look better and feel better, as this smile makeover 101 makes clear.
The Smile Makeover 101 Process
Your experienced Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist is ready to guide you through the entire smile makeover process. Here is what to expect from beginning to end:
- Consult: The first step in a smile makeover is to meet with your dentist to discuss smile goals and budget. After a full dental exam and x-rays, you’ll learn what procedures are recommended for the most efficient and effective smile makeover.
- Prep: There are many boxes to check off when it comes to preparation, from what order procedures will occur to whether you need sedation dentistry. It is also determined whether you need restorative dental care before cosmetic changes can happen.
- Restore: If you need corrective dental care, like gum disease therapy or dental implants, these procedures will happen first, correcting the function and health of your teeth.
- Beautify: Cosmetic dentistry is the icing on the cake, creating that coveted white, straight, flawless smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Get All Your Smile Makeover Answers from Beachside Smiles
A smile makeover improves confidence, beautifies teeth, and makes people look and feel happier and younger. You deserve to have a smile that you love, and a smile makeover will make it happen. Schedule a consultation at Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach to find out what’s possible for you and your unique smile.