Everything You Should Know About Invisalign
Many people want to straighten their teeth, but they don’t want it to be obvious and they certainly don’t want it to involve the brackets and wires of metal braces. Invisalign’s clear aligners have made it possible for millions of adults and teens to align their smile subtly, quickly, and comfortably. At Beachside Smiles in Manhattan Beach, CA, Dr. Don Mungcal is a preferred Invisalign provider. He and his experienced team are ready to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
How Invisalign Works
It’s important to understand what you’re getting into before you pursue Invisalign. Here are some of the basics that hold true for every patient, even though everyone’s treatment is uniquely tailored to their needs:
- Wear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day: The bulk of every day is spent wearing your Invisalign trays. They’re only removed for meals and snacks.
- Change trays every 2 weeks: You will be given several sets of trays at every checkup so you can change them out as instructed and move your teeth a few at a time, gently and consistently.
- Visit your dentist every 6 to 8 weeks: Invisalign checkups are convenient and don’t require much of your time, unlike metal braces checkups that happen about every four weeks.
- Remove your trays for meals: To keep your clear aligners clear while you wear them, they must come out during meals, so they don’t suffer stains, breaks, or cracks.
- Expect a one-year treatment: Most Invisalign cases take about one year to complete, but some are more complex and take longer while others are simpler and take less time.
The Benefits of Wearing Invisalign
Braces have a lot to do with appearance and self-esteem, and plenty of patients consider Invisalign so they can enjoy a discreet way of improving their teeth. There are many benefits to this treatment including:
- Speedy results: Your teeth will begin to shift quickly and your smile will look better before you know it. You will see this change – and so will others – because the trays are nearly invisible.
- Confidence boost: No one wants to feel like a metal mouth, especially as an adult. Your self-confidence won’t suffer with Invisalign. There is no hardware to embarrass you and your confidence will only grow as your smile gets straighter and straighter.
- Easy cleaning: Brush and floss your teeth normally while wearing Invisalign. No special tools needed. Just remove your trays, clean them, and clean your teeth. You’ll just have to make it happen a few more times a day than usual.
- Comfort: Brackets and wires are pokey and jab at the soft tissues in your mouth. Invisalign trays are smooth and your lips and cheeks slide right off of them for maximum comfort.
- No interference: Job, school, personal life, social life, selfies – nothing will be interrupted by Invisalign. The discreet, clear trays take a back seat to everything else you have going on.
- Teeth whitening: At our Manhattan Beach dental offices, we offer whitening gel with your Invisalign aligners so you can bleach your teeth while they’re being straightened.
Hi, my name is Catalina and I’ve been a patient at Bayside Smiles for about a year now, and I just finished my Invisalign treatment. My experience with Invisalign has been amazing, and I loved how my smile turned out. I 100% definitely recommend all my friends and family to come to Bayside. Smiles everybody here at the office at Bayside. Smiles have been really sweet and very helpful, and they make my appointments go fast and easy.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Take the Smile Assessment from Invisalign to see if Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Every patient is different, and your complaints about your smile may be best fixed with Invisalign or another type of cosmetic dentistry. Only your Manhattan Beach dentist can tell you for sure. You will have several photos taken during your initial consultation so a diagnosis can be made and a determination about the best treatment for your oral health.
The dental team at Beachside Smiles are preferred providers of Invisalign treatments and attend continuing education courses to stay up to date with technology and changes in care and treatment. Dr. Mungcal himself has been completing treatments for over 20 years and using aligners for tooth repositioning.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign.